Its time for this weeks 90 minute drawing challenge. This week I'm doing the 1986 film: RoboCop. This week I'm using the Directors Cut which runs for 1 hour 37 minutes. In this weeks challenge I'm returning to the well and using pencils.
So before I get into the results lets go over the rules:
- Choose a film
- Choose a character or theme for a pic
- You have from the opening scene to the closing credit of said movie to attempt to finish this picture related to said movie
- Sketches and layout is allowed but are included in the drawing time. The more you sketch, the less time you have to draw your final piece.
- Once the movie is finished (pencils or whatever medium you are using) down.
Just like in previous weeks I thought I'd go through the tools I used in this challenge:
- 200gsm bristol board
- circle tools
- elipses tools
- mechanical pencils
- a selection of pencils, all sharpened beforehand
- Wooden mannequin
- Wooden mannequin hand
The pencils I have set out in terms the the density of their graphite. I'm using a selection of pencils from 4H to 8B.
Here is the new acquisition, this is my new wooden mannequin hand. It is really hard to draw a right hand from life when your right handed. I ordered in a right hand wooden mannequin hand.
Now for the obligatory YouTube video: