Wednesday 2 March 2011

90 minute movie drawing challenge: RoboCop

Its time for this weeks 90 minute drawing challenge. This week I'm doing the 1986 film: RoboCop. This week I'm using the Directors Cut which runs for 1 hour 37 minutes. In this weeks challenge I'm returning to the well and using pencils.
So before I get into the results lets go over the rules: 
  1.   Choose a film
  2. Choose a character or theme for a pic
  3. You have from the opening scene to the closing credit of said movie to attempt to finish this picture related to said movie
  4.  Sketches and layout is allowed but are included in the drawing time. The more you sketch, the less time you have to draw your final piece.
  5. Once the movie is finished (pencils or whatever medium you are using) down.
Just like in previous weeks I thought I'd go through the tools I used in this challenge:
  • 200gsm bristol board
  • circle tools
  • elipses tools
  • t-square
  • mechanical pencils
  • a selection of pencils, all sharpened beforehand
  • Wooden mannequin
  • Wooden mannequin hand


The pencils I have set out in terms the the density of their graphite. I'm using a selection of pencils from 4H to 8B.

Here is the new acquisition, this is my new wooden mannequin hand. It is really hard to draw a right hand from life when your right handed. I ordered in a right hand wooden mannequin hand.






















Now for the obligatory YouTube video:

No comments:

Post a Comment