Its time for this weeks 90 minute drawing challenge. This week its the 2009 film Black Dynamite which runs for 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes exactly!!!). This week its a ink drawing...with a difference. This week instead of using white paper and black pencil or ink, this week I'm doing a black ink drawing on red paper with highlights done in white gouache.
So before I get into the results lets go over the rules:
- Choose a film
- Choose a character or theme for a pic
- You have from the opening scene to the closing credit of said movie to attempt to finish this picture related to said movie
- Sketches and layout is allowed but are included in the drawing time. The more you sketch, the less time you have to draw your final piece.
- Once the movie is finished (pencils or whatever medium you are using) down.
Just like in previous weeks I thought I'd go through the tools I'm using for this challenge
- Cutting Board. I use this to tape down my pages. As this board is designed to be cut on it really handles the pen and pencil pressure quite well. Making it so that it doesn't rip.
- Masking tape: Now what I noticed after this challenge is that I was using a very strong painters masking tape. I SHOULD be using artists masking tape which has less glue. It still does the job but its designed to be taken off the page A LOT easier.
- Red paper
- Pencils. One HB and 1 4H pencil to lay out with (Plus one white pencil in case I needed it)
- Circle tools
- Copic markers and brush markers
- Take away coffee lid to mix the gouache with
You can see that there are a lot of tools that I set out and don't use. Its better to have them and not need them than to not have them and need them in my opinion.
When we were down and out and ain't had no pimp.
I tried to take a photo of the pencils but it wouldn't show up on camera.
How many times have I told you not to call here and interrupt my kung-fu?
Winks and smiles? *Wink* What about the smile? I am smiling
But Black Dynamite I deal drugs to the community?
But if you bring us some of those good ass waffles everything'll be alright!
I'm sorry I had to Pimp-slap you.