Wednesday 2 March 2011

90 minute movie drawing challenge: Reign of fire

Its time for this weeks 90 minute drawing challenge. This week its the 2002 film Reign of Fire (A staff favourite from what I hear) which runs for 1 hour 41 mins. This week I'm using ink and Copic brush markers.
So before I get into the results lets go over the rules: 
  1.   Choose a film
  2. Choose a character or theme for a pic
  3. You have from the opening scene to the closing credit of said movie to attempt to finish this picture related to said movie
  4.  Sketches and layout is allowed but are included in the drawing time. The more you sketch, the less time you have to draw your final piece.
  5. Once the movie is finished (pencils or whatever medium you are using) down.

Workin the late shift are ya?


What do we do when we sleep?

Bring her to me Quinn!!!

Denton...what happened?

Don't come to me, I'm lousy at French.



What I learned from this challenge:
  1. When working with markers and ink, start light. You can always go darker.
  2. Be careful when using darker colours though, layering marker on marker bleeds through the paper and can make it brittle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment